Just Rannin' Around

Monday, June 30, 2008

Discovering that I am getting old

I am probably in the best physical shape of my adult life, however my knees like to remind me that they are not what they used to be when they ache as I run. That doesn’t stop me though. This isn’t the reason that I feel like I am getting old. I still play hard and enjoy life. The reason I feel this way, I have caught myself on several occasions saying things that I never thought that would come out of my mouth that have me looking into the purchase of a walker with tennis balls on the back two legs.

I have always been a people watcher. On Wednesdays as I come and go from the temple I see couples and I rarely don’t see at least one where the thought runs through my mind, “they are too little to be married.” I have also had similar thoughts to those I see driving cars, “they are too little to be driving.” No worries, it gets even better than this.


The other day I was talking to a friend and I said something along the fact that, “Kids these days are just too spoiled. They get everything that they want when they want it and are not taught to work for anything.” This was followed by, “I was never handed anything. If I wanted something I had to work and save for it including my education and I am better off for doing it that way because I appreciate it more. They just have it too easy.” There was more, but I think that the point has been made . . . I have officially turned old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones