Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, November 12, 2009

“People who enjoy meetings shouldn’t be in charge of anything.” –Thomas Sowell

I have been in more meetings the last two weeks than I even want to recall. I have been to three at 7:00 in the morning before work even started for the day and I have had one almost consistently every night (including tonight) until almost 9:00 in the evening. These meetings are not even my work meetings which also have been aplenty lately.

I suppose the work ones are relevant (to a point) since we have one woman on maternity leave, one woman due to go on maternity leave within the next couple of weeks and another woman that just went on a month leave to have back surgery. That leaves two of us to cover and clients to keep happy.

However my issue with meetings on the large scale is that what I know can be covered in 10-15 minutes is stretched out into a 60-90 minute meeting.

There are certain activities that should be enjoyed and stretched out to last for as long as humanly possible, to this I whole-heartedly agree. In my world, meetings are not included in that statement.

I think that I only have one meeting on Tuesday morning this coming week. Here’s to hoping that it stays that way!

In other news:

I went and purchased all new garments (ah nothing better than brand new, sparkling white underwear) yesterday. They are my Christmas present to myself. I guess that Beehive Clothing decided that all of us needed a positive affirmation in the self image department. I was shocked when they told me that I was an Extra Small A in bottoms. What? I haven’t been an extra small anything since I was at least three-years old and I am sure even that is debatable.

It worked Beehive. I walked out of the Distribution Center feeling pretty good about myself (even though I know it is just that their sizes run big).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones