Just Rannin' Around

Monday, December 28, 2009

“The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it.” –Bill Nye

I have a bruise the size of a large grapefruit on my upper right thigh below my hipbone. Being the masochist that I am, I occasionally push on it just to see if it is still sore. Sure enough, it is still sore.

How did I end up with this lovely self-inflicted bruise? Do you ever remember your mom telling you to stop laughing or someone was going to end up crying? Mine did all the time and 99% of the time she was correct.

Picture this . . .

It was Christmas Eve and we had all gathered at my sister’s house. I had just finished that ugly four hour drive and was ready to stretch my legs a bit. That is never a worry when the nieces and nephews are around because I am their favorite play toy.

I was greeted at the door with squeals of excitement. I was allowed to put my purse down and then immediately attacked. We were rough housing and I was in hot pursuit of the 3-year old when my feet were suddenly no longer going the same direction as I was. See I was not informed that the wood floors had just been oiled that day. Traction was not to be found on the floor, but I could be.

Okay, so nobody ended up crying this time, but that saying did pop into my head as I lay laughing on the floor feeling the bruise begin to grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones