Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

"You, uh, feelin' Christian?"

I have a few speaking assignments coming up this month. More than my normal one or two. I have a couple of financial classes that I will be teaching, a relief society lesson and don't be shocked . . . I was asked to speak in Sacrament on Father's Day.

So confession 101 . . . I don't normally take a ton of time to prepare. One day I am going to be struck dumb in front of a classroom or while giving a talk because of it. There isn't many things that I will claim as a natural talent, but being comfortable in front of a group is one that may be a prideful downfall. It is another of those things in my world that if I would only put in some effort and time, I would probably grow the talent and be such a better speaker. But because I have never fallen on my face and have always "pulled it off" so I don't.

In an effort to try to improve and be a better teacher/speaker, I have decided that I am going to do more preparation this month.

Here is where you come into play. The topic that I was given for my talk in Sacrament is: the influence of Heavenly Father in your life.

I am not quite sure what to do with that or where to take it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Please help.

2 Comments:

  • It must run in the family! I did two 1.5 hour trainings about two weeks ago and was paid very well for doing them. I prepared for about 20 minutes for the whole thing and when I got home that night, I told Jake that getting rave reviews makes me less and less likely to prepare every time I speak! :)

    By Blogger Sandi, At 12:54 PM  

  • Brenda long time no see or talk to :) The first thing that came to my mind is the blessings we receive but don't always recognize. Maybe your talk could have a gratitude vibe. Good luck, but you don't really need it!

    By Blogger Lacey and Dan, At 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones