Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, May 06, 2010

"Don't take your toys inside just because it is raining."


I am a fairly frugal person . . . at least when it comes to spending money on myself. There is an exception to that rule though. When I am feeling a deep sense of loss in my life, I buy things. Okay so it usually calculates out to be new clothes for less than a hundred dollars. Last night I got something that was possibly a bit more or a LOT more expensive than that. Now to be fair, it is something that I have wanted for about five years now but just couldn't justify spending the money on myself when I already had one (rationalization: I have one for the mountains and trails and this is for the road and they are TOTALLY different). In any case my sense of frugality totally got demolished by the overwhelming sense of loss right now.



Want to see the new toy . . . .
I am pretty excited.

2 Comments:

  • Yippee!!!! I love it. You never need to justify having two, mountain and road biking are to two totally different sports. As soon as this weather warms up we will go! Honestly I am very selfishly excited because it is hard for me to find girls to go with me. So if you want consider it a selfless gesture to a friend and not money spent on yourself!

    By Blogger Russ, At 2:20 PM  

  • I understand, my husband did the same thing. They are totally different. If I was not prone to falling off bikes, I would have more than one, but I ride with the children. Enjoy your new toy!

    By Blogger Gatlin Gang, At 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones