Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

"You were missed. It was she who never fully recovered. It was she who somehow knew you best . . . "

I have learned a few things over the course of the last little while. Learning is good right? After all is said and done, that is the purpose of us being here on this earth.

Friday morning as I was anticipating having to go to the doctor's office for my procedure, I became more and more filled with anxiety. I kept attempting to talk myself into the fact that I was being a baby and to stop being so ridiculous . . . . I could handle this. It wasn't until about an hour before I had to go that I lost the battle and the tears started flowing.

I pulled myself together as much as possible and walked down the hall to one of the owner's offices. I explained the situation to him and asked him for a priesthood blessing. He and a co-worker administered the blessing to me. **I believe that there was more than one lesson in this that I gained.

The doctor had told me the day before that IF someone was with me that they could give me Valium (I have a great story about Valium and wisdom teeth but that is a whole different blog for another day) to release some of the anxiety. My independent self told my parents not to drive the four hours because I was a big girl and would be fine. My boss told me that his wife was more than happy to come and sit with me. I hate to inconvenience anyone, especially a mom that already has eight children to worry about, so I thanked them and declined. That meant all thirty shots, all natural. Have I mentioned before that I am petrified of needles? Even though I more than likely wouldn't have taken the Valium, I did want someone there with me but it was a specific want.

I am proud to say that I only almost passed out on the doctor once. There were about five shots in a row that were incredibly painful and I felt myself slipping into a hot darkness. It may have been my head hitting the table quickly and a little too loudly, but the doctor noticed and stopped until I was seeing the light of day again or maybe I was speaking coherent sentences again . . . I'm not sure which. Needless to say that I survived the whole ordeal and that it wasn't too awful.

I, more than normal, welcomed that it was Conference weekend. Church in pajamas!

One of the rules was that I had to wear thigh high compression socks for and couldn't get my legs wet for 48 hours. This meant no showers for me . . . it was all about the sponge baths. I did attempts to wash my hair. Oh to be a fly on the wall during that grand adventure. I am positive it was a sight to behold. Having someone there to wash it for me would have been a much better idea.

Another one of the rules was that I couldn't sit for or stand without moving for extended periods of time. They wanted me up and walking at least once an hour. Funny thing about that is when the body is healing, it makes you really tired. I was exhausted all weekend. All I wanted to do was cuddle on the couch. The green pillow came out of the downstairs closet and spent the weekend with me. It wasn't what I wanted, but it was the closest thing that I could get to it. I am not exactly sure when the shift from just wanting my mom when I am not feeling well happened.

I will say that my thighs look like someone has repeatedly beat me with a stick. The bruising is horrible and very unsightly. I am very excited for that to go away. Did you know that drinking pineapple juice helps heal the discoloration of bruises faster? Yeah, I didn't know that either. My dad is a genius!

Although I was fighting (which I may or may not have failed at several times) keeping my eyes open during Conference, I was definitely spiritually well fed. I think that I need to forward this next statement with the fact that I know that every single talk is important and that much can be gained from each and that we aren't supposed to necessarily have favorites and that they are all inspired . . . I know and I did gain much from all. However Elder Holland's talk on Saturday afternoon gained him my MVP award again (he got it last October too).

My spirit particularly resonates with truth spoken in bold plainness. I had some powerful impressions while he spoke and I know that my thoughts and feelings are exactly what and where they need to be and have been for years. The distinction made between true love and lust were powerful. I am currently reading The Miracle of Forgiveness again which possibly could have made his talk even more meaningful to me, but even so it was a reminder of just how much the Atonement works in each of our lives. I definitely held that pillow closer for the rest of the weekend. I will not give up. I do not want to, nor am I supposed to.

"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."

1 Comments:

  • That WAS an excellent talk! Don't give up, B. I'm glad you survived the procedure and hope your bruises heal quickly.

    By Blogger C.J., At 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones