Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, March 18, 2010

"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" ~Mark Twain

I always smell spring before I start to really see the signs of it. Yesterday when I walked outside after work, I paused as my senses perked up with realization that I was breathing in the sweet, warm smell of the beginnings of spring. It made my toes tingle with excitement. My body has been aching to bask in the warm, penetrating rays of the sun.

Springtime has always been heavenly to me. The fragrance of everything coming back alive is completely intoxicating. It is the shaking off of the grays and browns of the long winter past and feeling the colors radiating vibrant shouts of greeting. It is driving aimlessly around with the windows rolled down. It is standing in the warm rain letting it wash down my entire body until it has completely soaked me through. It is lying on the grass and watching the white, fluffy clouds roll by. It is swinging at the park and taking long, late night walks with a friend and lilacs and just being outside and oh so much more.

What is my favorite part of spring? All of it!

My comment section is fixed. You're the best!
Thanks for always taking care of me!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones