Just Rannin' Around

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I wish I were a tear so I could start in your eye, live on your face and die on your lips . . .

Grocery shopping has to happen. It isn’t glamorous, but it can be full of surprises.

I must admit that I have been hit on in the grocery store before, but the winner has to be yesterday’s encounter. It was supposed to be a quick trip, just in and out. Mostly I was in need of the basics: milk, cheese, fresh fruit and veggies, some meat for a couple of dinners and some spices for another new recipe that I want to try. My 15 minute shopping excursion ended up becoming over an hour.

Milk . . . . check

Cheese . . . check

I was standing with spices surrounding me, two different bottles in my hands carefully examining the labels. I hadn’t quite found the spice that I really wanted, but wasn’t really sure what I was looking for either because the one I wanted, they didn’t have. I bent (at the knees of course) down to see if the lower shelves held anything more intriguing when I was asked what exactly I was looking for. The next ten minutes was followed by a lot of laughter as this guy tried to help me find a spice that would work.

After I decided on one, he told me that my boyfriend had better enjoy the dinner since I had already slaved over it and hadn’t even made it to the kitchen yet. I smiled and said, “Nope, just cooking for myself.” He then said that my boyfriend must be out of town then because a woman as beautiful as me had to be attached. He said, “As for me, I could look at that smile all day long and be perfectly content.”

So started the 45 minute conversation about why he thought it was perfectly horrific that I didn’t have a boyfriend. I think that I received every compliment in the book . . . twice. It was a great conversation. However I will not disclose all the details as I would sound like I was making the whole thing up because things like this just doesn’t really happen. One of my favorite parts had to be when he kind of got lost right in the middle of the sentence he was speaking and his talking just kind of faded out. I raised my eyebrows a bit since he was looking at me, when he shook his head a bit and said, “You are so intoxicating.” He told me that my eyes could be the very death of any man. This statement made me smile because the last guy I dated used to tell me that he needed to keep me blindfolded because when he was looking into my eyes he would give me and do for me anything that I wanted.

Mr. Grocery Store decided to tell me everything that he could tell that I wanted in a man and then proceeded to tell me that I should be warned that I was on a platform and that I would need to realize that I would have to help the right guy up to where I was. Now I must admit that I was a bit upset about this statement because I don’t think that it is true and I have heard it way too often in my life, but he did mean it as a compliment. He told me that the man I was looking for (now I had not told him ANYTHING about what I was or wasn’t looking for in a man . . . this was his feelings from helping me choose spices I suppose) would be extremely difficult to find. Again I raised my eyebrows in question. He then proceeded to tell me that he could tell that as beautiful as I was on the outside, the inside was even better, but (and he held up a finger) “you have an unleashed, extremely wild side to you. You want to explore it, but only will in the right circumstances. You are a stick of dynamite.”

He told me that I wouldn’t come by it easily because, “You want the good guy that goes to church, fulfills his responsibilities, and does things the right way with you. However, you have to have someone that has a very naughty side to him to keep you happy because if he doesn’t have that side, you won’t be happy.” He concluded with, “Women like you don’t exist and the man that has the guts (okay this wasn’t the word he used) to come get you, will never be disappointed.”

At that point his phone rang and he waved as he walked away.

I was left standing in the aisle laughing and shaking my head.

**This was not the whole story but frankly with the massive amounts of compliments that I received (some of which made me slightly uncomfortable) or some of the context of advice he offered (some of which made me even more uncomfortable), I would be too embarrassed to share them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones