Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, January 28, 2010

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
-Helen Keller

I have had the most random sleeping patterns the last little while. My body begs for the comfort of my bed around 10:00 every night and I almost always succumb to that irresistible draw. I have always excelled in the area of sleep (listen everyone has to have talents, don't make fun of mine). Once tucked into bed, usually without fail, I am fast asleep. I am a deep sleeper so not much bothers me (yes that includes gun shots right outside my bedroom window and an entourage of police cars and fire trucks with blaring lights and sirens . . . but that is a whole different blog). I am also really good at getting at least 8-9 hours of sleep every night and have been known on weekends at times to get a bit more.

However, lately I have found that I am waking up between 3:00 - 4:00 every morning. I am not just talking about the need-to-go-to-the-bathroom-and-right-back-to-sleep awake either. I am talking about the eyes-wide-open-mind-fully-alert-running-a-million-miles-a-minute-get-up-before-it-really-gets-you-in-trouble-taking-you-places-you-shouldn't-think-about awake. the problem is that I haven't yet found a reason strong enough to convince myself to get out of my bed at that wretched hour in order to stop the torture. I am usually awake for about two hours of this fun before slipping back into a deep sleep until my alarm goes off, in what seems like, only minutes later. I guess I should really just start getting up and do something productive.

This morning I was mentally calculating out how long I could live on the equity of my home if I sold it and was incredibly frugal. It was staggering when I realized how little I could really live on by making a few changes, changes that honestly don't even matter to me. It was a hard thing to swallow when I realized that most of what I have, I have obtained trying to fill a void that can't be filled with anything that can be purchased. Some people eat for comfort, evidently I buy things.

I've decided that my focus is to daily find one happy occurrence that I can figuratively keep in my pocket for comfort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones