Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

“By definition, love makes you better than good enough; it redefines perfection to include your traits, instead of excluding them.”

See the problem is that with one single taste, I became addicted.

I always think that I will be able to make it through this lovely holiday without any stumbling. No big deal right? It is just another 24-hour period of time. Let’s be honest, in my adult life the only time that I haven’t had any thought of this holiday is the year that I was wondering around Italy.

I have been telling myself that this year would be different. Hell, it falls on a Sunday. I don’t have to sit at work watching everyone else getting flowers and gifts and listening to all of the sugary sweet talk. I guess I just always forget to take into account that it is just one more reminder that . . . well . . . I’m still on my own.

I loved this day when I was little. Remember when it was all about putting the imagination into high gear in order to create a box that would soon be filled with messages from everyone in your class? There was always a couple, unsigned of course, from secret admirers. Some of us couldn’t handle not knowing and would make a list of all that were signed so that we knew who had sent the unsigned ones. A girl should know who thought she was special. Okay, so I have always been a control freak.

Now, well now it is another over commercialized holiday and from what I hear, they don’t even participate in Valentine exchange boxes at school anymore. Sad day in America indeed!

**I am not saying that I would complain if a handsome man showed up on my front doorstep with a red rose in hand and a promise to always love me. I guarantee that I wouldn’t send him away and that he would be one extremely lucky man (just ask the guy at the grocery store).

Can you even begin to count the number of jewelry commercials that have been shown in the last couple of weeks? That is just a tip of the huge dollar ice burg that companies are hoping to cash in on . . . okay maybe it is the base . . . what, jewelry is expensive.

Yes, yes so the bitterness bug . . . or maybe better named in my case the jealousy bug . . . has bitten my butt. I think that jealousy definitely is the correct name for that lousy bug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones