Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt."
-William Shakespeare

My first voice lesson was last night. I have to admit that I was a little more than trepid about the whole thing. I really have self-conscious issues when it comes to allowing people hear me sing. Quite ironic that I obtained a four-year degree in Public Speaking and I can confidentially get up in front of any size group without a second thought, but singing in front of even one person causes much anxiety. I am hoping to overcome that fear afterall there isn't a better minute than this one to change.

I was extremely proud of myself when I was able to sing alone yesterday in front of my teacher. It may not seem like much to some, but for me that was huge. She told me that I have a great range, that I always stay in pitch and that really all she needs to do is help me polish a little what I already have. Now maybe she is just being kind, but it did build my confidence and I don't think I will be so hesitant to sing by myself in front of her again.

The quote at the beginning of this post is one of my favorites. I am trying to live my life to the fullest and that means that often I have to look fear and doubt in the face and do it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones