Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Did you know that dreaming that you can't use your arms or that you have no arms might mean you're feeling helpless or ineffective in your life?

I don't remember anything about the dreams. All I know is that for about a month now, two to three times a week I find myself suddenly wide awake in the wee hours of the morning feeling anxious and scared. After being jolted awake by such disconcerting feelings, my immediate reactions are always the same . . . rip open the curtains and blinds desperately hoping one spot is taken; then I take my cell phone off the night stand, curl up in the fetal position under the covers and try to talk myself out of making a phone call at that hour; finally I tightly close my eyes and softly sing until I lull myself back to sleep.

It used to be that I only had this issue when I had watched one of those ridiculous law shows on television, but knowing that I haven't watched one in almost a year. What gives?

Vulnerable. That is what it leaves me feeling . . . for more than one reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones