Just Rannin' Around

Monday, April 05, 2010

Involuntary Huffing

I cannot tell a lie. As a child I loved the smell of rubber cement. I would take out that little paint brush attached to the lid and cover the palm of my hand, all the while breathing in that wonderful smell. I also loved (and still do) the smell of gasoline. The errand to the gas station is not always such a terrible nuisance like some other errands turn into.

Okay, okay so I admit that I enjoy the smell. However, I was never a huffer. The rubber cement thing only happened when I was already involved in an art project and the gasoline thing only happens while I am filling my tank. Natural hazards. I honestly can't remember the last time that I even have been around rubber cement. Do they even make it anymore? That is what we used to use in school . . . well that and Elmer's glue.

Anyway . . .

I think that I may have lost a few brain cells today. Since first thing this morning our office has been inundated with a potent mixture of smells. They are redecorating one of the empty suites on our floor and between fresh paint and wood varnish, I think that a minor headache has been accomplished.

Kids, don't try this at home . . . it is some nasty stuff.

1 Comments:

  • Right now I'm imagining you taking a hit of rubber cement in elementary school ;)

    By Blogger Shannon, At 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones