Just Rannin' Around

Friday, April 30, 2010

But I remember everything. I am still right here.

My plate is filled to the point of overflowing and yet I still seek to make additions. Anything to keep my mind, my hands and my heart otherwise diverted. I think that I continue to search out other options because it isn’t working. It is always right there . . . a gaping hole in the middle that is impossible to consign to oblivion.

Today I was mulling over the idea of going back to get my Master’s degree. Then I remembered that even though I love to learn, the classroom was never my favorite setting in which to do that. I always did well in school but I also never put any ambition into it either. Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I don’t know how else to say it . . . it was never a challenge. Looking back I sometimes think that I wish that I would have put more into my studies, but that thought typically goes away as quickly as it comes because I remember everything else outside of the classroom that I was learning and enjoying. I realize that I had a great balance and I wouldn’t have been me doing it any other way.

So I’m definitely not going back to school.

I am taking on as much as I possibly can at work. I am helping everyone. Something needs to get done and I am the first to volunteer. With even more cutbacks they let the receptionist go. The only thing that I have regretted volunteering for is to have my phone opened up to back up which means that every time a phone call rings more than twice it goes to overflow and rings into my office. For years the only time my phone rang in my office was if someone called my direct line. It has been two weeks and my heart still speeds up every time it rings.

Good thing that I still have health insurance.

Spring cleaning has become a hobby. I cleaned the treadmill/library room. All the book shelves were emptied and rearranged. I have also taken the liberty to scourer the linen closet. This is one of those places that I continue to stack things and hope that nobody will ever open the door because I would be embarrassed by what would be found . . . a huge mess. Feel free to look right now while it is organized and clean. I can’t promise how long it will stay that way.

Tomorrow I will hang pictures I love in the guest bedroom.

In the last nine days I have read two 400+ page novels. Reading is a massive escape tool for me. I have a soaring imagination that draws brilliant pictures and reading helps me to access total departure from my life. At least for a time I journey in someone else’s shoes, in their life, in their world. As I write this I have to wonder if that is why I do so much better reading the scriptures chronologically verses topic driven . . . I envision the story unfolding around me and it all becomes apart of me and I am more able to apply it. Sorry, interesting side note at least to me. It is something that I have used my entire life to get me through.

There will never be enough books to read.

2 Comments:

  • I want to know how climbing your walls works for you =)
    You could try online school if you don't want a classroom setting. That's what I am doing, and I really like it. However, I am not as smart as you and it is challenging!
    I'm jealous you have spring cleaned your house. I desperately need to do the blinds in my kitchen.
    I don't like studying the Book of Mormon by topic either.

    By Blogger Gatlin Gang, At 2:37 PM  

  • No fair not telling me what you read!! I am also jealous of your clean house. If you ever start to think that your house is too messy come over to mine and your mind will be set at ease instantly.

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones