Just Rannin' Around

Monday, April 12, 2010

“Games lubricate the body and the mind.”

I am fairly easy going. I have a wide range of interests and really am willing to give most things a chance. Sometimes I find myself involved in a couple of different activities at the same time that typically don’t really naturally go together.

For instance:

Yesterday I found myself in the kitchen concocting three new dishes enjoying a bit of creativity all while watching the last day of the Masters. It was a great match and I have to admit that I was really glad that Mickelson ended up winning the green jacket. I may have even gotten a little teary eyed when he was hugging his wife at the end of the tournament (yep I’m a girl).

I don’t think that I will ever understand why some are unwilling to at least give trying new things a fair chance. The first time that I ever watched golf I was in Chicago in a hotel room on the Sunday of the Masters. It was the first green coat that Tiger won. I was captivated by the talent displayed. When I was telling some friends about it when I got back home, they decided to take me golfing. I don’t think a group of guys have ever laughed so hard during 9 holes of golf. Okay so I was horrible. The only good thing that they had to say was that I did hit the ball really straight . . . now if I could only hit it further than 50 feet at a time. However I would go again.

Cooking has always been something that I have enjoyed. Trying new dishes and cooking with ingredients that I haven’t used before makes me happy. Sometimes the dishes don’t turn out as great as I would like them to but that just means that I get to try it differently or know what not to do the next time. I must say that the desserts usually always turn out fabulous. I am great with sugar.

Maybe I just enjoy learning. Maybe I just enjoy being taught. Maybe I just think that life and people have so much to offer if we are willing to open ourselves up to new adventures.

2 Comments:

  • So what were you cooking and can I have the recipe?

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 2:35 PM  

  • I wasn't pleased with the outcome on the main dish, but the dessert was good . . . it does require zesting though. :)

    By Blogger B, At 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones