Just Rannin' Around

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I should get something out of my talent . . . maybe I should start charging

About six months ago I was set up on one of those rare blind dates that goes great. The entire night we talked and laughed and just had a really fun evening together. He was going to be out of town the next week, but said that he would definitely call when he got back into town because he would love to see me again. Well as far as I knew, he never got back into town because he never did call again. Really I didn’t think much of it. Call me cynical, but I don’t ever get my hopes up because then the fall down isn’t as harsh.

I was chatting with the friend that set us up. We were just talking about random everyday kind of stuff when he said, “hey B remember so-and-so?”

“Sure,” I said, “how is he doing?”

My friend then said, “Well you will never guess what has happened and I have been meaning to tell you but totally forgot to until now.”

Now when someone starts out with “you will never guess” my mind automatically begins to come up with different scenarios that I can present as guesses. With this situation I didn’t even have to guess, I knew what had happened. So I piped in with, “let me guess, he got home from his business trip and took another girl out on a date and now he is engaged to her.”

Dead silence on the other end of the phone.

“Well am I right?” I questioned. He answered in the affirmative and then asked me how in the world I knew that. The answer to that was easy. I must have had at least enough interest (this doesn’t happen to me very often . . . it takes a lot to catch my interest) in him to want to go out again. I have this knack that if a guy goes out with me he is almost assured that he will marry the next girl he goes out with. I really am that scary. Really I should charge for those kinds of services. There are so many marketing possibilities. He is getting married in a month. Think I should send him a bill?

3 Comments:

  • Yeah, I would send a bill!

    By Blogger C.J., At 9:04 PM  

  • Yes the man deserves to be billed for being a butthead. Considering how many there are out there your future could be set.

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 2:37 PM  

  • Oh my gosh. . . you didn't tell me!!!! YES, you should totally send him a bill AND you should send her a bill too!

    By Blogger Sandi, At 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones