Just Rannin' Around

Friday, January 11, 2013



 

Liebster is German for "favorite," and there's this fun little award running around the webiverse. My friend Katie nominated me, and I'm so glad that someone actually reads this blog that I have decided to join the fun. Here are my tasks:

1. Post 11 random things about myself.

2. Answer the 11 questions my nominator set for me.

After that I am going to be a party pooper because I’m supposed to nominate 11 other bloggers, but since I don’t think 11 other people actually read my blog I’m going to choose the skip that part.  However if by chance you read this and want to play, please feel free!!!   

Random facts:

1. For my 40th birthday (which is in a couple of years still) I am refusing to spend it in this Country.  Not sure where I want to go though. . . suggestions?

2.  I’m more excited to have my library done in my basement than any other room in the entire house . . . that includes the kitchen and that says a lot!

3.  I got a tablet for Christmas and I have no idea how it works.

4.  I think ice cream should be its own food group.

5.  With the exception of the 3 hours I am at church, I wear pjs all day long on Sundays.

6.  I would much rather be in hot weather verses cold weather and do not understand people who like it the other way around.

7.  One of the hardest things I do on a daily basis is deciding what to eat and how to make it for just one.

8.  I have never been river rafting, but have always wanted to try it.

9.  There is a freckle on the tip of my nose which I can see all the time.

10.  Growing up I had the mouth of a trucker and still swear under my breath more than I care to admit. 

11. When I was little I always wanted to be a marine biologist when I grew up.


Katie, here are the answers to your questions:

1. How old were you when you got your first kiss, or alternatively, how old were you when you first thought you were "in love" with someone?  I didn’t get my first kiss until I was 18, but it was pretty magical.

2. What is your favorite color for a front door? Red . . . would you expect anything different.  :)

3. What song are you slightly embarrassed to admit you love? Anything by Boys to Men . . . it makes me smile to listen to them.

4. If you could do anything you wanted for a day, what would that be? Explore some place new in the world.  There is nothing like being in a new place and meeting new people and experiencing new cultures.  Love it!

5. What fictional character are you in love with? Robin Hood . . . this is a topic that I really have fun discussing.  So many from which to choose!

6. With whom are you most likely to argue... and least likely to argue? I’m most likely to argue with my boss, but only because he likes to push my bottons on purpose and I am least likely to argue with my dad.

7. What is your favorite holiday, and why? Holidays are not always emotionally easy on single people . . . so I will go with Saint Patrick’s day because there isn’t much attached to it.  :)

8. What is your favorite thing you have created yourself?  Food . . . always creating new things that make my mouth and tummy extremely happy.

9. What was your favorite toy as a child? A stretchy incredible hulk . . . it was the best thing ever but mostly we just kept trying to break it so we could see what was inside him.

10. What is something that you'd like to improve?  My attitude.

11. What act of service might you perform for a total stranger? It might just be something that is incredibly small, but I love to make people smile just by eye contact and smiling at them.  It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside when someone walks by me and my smile is contagious.  I also like to let people go in front of me at the grocery store line.  It is again something so small but people are always so grateful . . . especially moms with screaming children.

2 Comments:

  • Out of everything on your list the only thing (yes its true) that surprised me is that you've never been river rafting. Big Shock! You have totally got to try it. It would be right up your alley. Also If you like Robin Hood you should read Hood, Scarlet, and Tuck...can't remember the author but they are fun. Love you and miss you!

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 4:21 PM  

  • I enjoy reading your blog so I'm glad you decided to keep it. This was a fun post to read. :)

    By Blogger Aubrey, At 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones