Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Eating bugs!

This morning I was all warm and comfortable in my nice bed, just laying on my side enjoying every single moment that I could justify staying in that very position. Calculating very carefully exactly what I could cut out of my morning schedule in order to not have to move.

The music sounded as my clock announced, one more time that it was still time to get going in the land of the living. I finally gave in and made the mistake of opening my eyes. Immediately my baby blues caught focus of a little brown friend climbing around right by my face. Since screaming would have been pointless and would bring no help running, I simply jumped and sent the poor spider flying across the room. Not the most peaceful way to be greeted in the morning, but it did jump start my body for the day.

I was once told that most people during a year on average eats EIGHT bugs a year in their sleep. Good thing I woke when I did or that poor creature may have been one of those victims!

6 Comments:

  • Yuck! I hate spiders ... it is one of those phobias! Yesterday when I got home from work there was a hairy one sitting on the door knob of the back door. I of course freaked out and he is no longer around.

    By Blogger American Girl, At 2:42 PM  

  • funny, i had a friend once who woke up with a sore throat. after coughing for a few hours he coughed up what looked like a broken wing still attatched to a small part of what looked like a roach...needless to say, he immediately threw up.
    the end

    ps. it was in mexico...

    By Blogger will, At 5:10 PM  

  • SN - that is just GROSS!

    By Blogger American Girl, At 7:56 AM  

  • I believe John the Baptist's diet consisted of mostly locusts.

    If I were JRA, I'd be more concerned about eathing her hair.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 11:18 AM  

  • Yeah, those hair balls hurt coming up! ;)

    By Blogger B, At 3:12 PM  

  • Yeah, those hair balls hurt coming up! ;)

    By Blogger B, At 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones