Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The rain continues...

Last night after I had finished one of my daily conversations with my Heavenly Father, I crawled into bed, reached up and opened my window (I always sleep with my window open whether it is summer or winter) and was immediately drawn into the outside world. The soft sounds of rain falling onto whatever object first came into its path, relaxed my mind and my body.

I curled deeper into my blankets as the cool, crisp air began replacing the stuffy air in the room. The sweet scent of newly fallen rain was welcomed by a few deep breaths. A tranquil feeling surrounded me. Typically I am fast asleep as soon as my head hits the pillows. I enjoy my sleep. Last night however, I greeted this environment with an allowance of my mind to process some areas in my life.

Area 1:

On Thursday I had been given some new insights into things that I do incorrectly in regards to romantic relationships. I also acknowledged (kicking and screaming of course) that I am incredibly fearful of being alone. Not that I don’t enjoy time to/by myself, because I love it, but that I make sure to have other relationships on which to lean. As the raindrops poured down and cleaned the outside world, cobwebs seemed to also come down in my world. Although I still have some detail work to complete, seeing through the windows are much easier.

Area 2:

Time is an ever moving commodity. There are only a certain amount of things that I can accomplish. Balancing everything that I should/need to do does not work out perfectly every day....well for that matter most days. Most important thing: family and friends!

Area 3:

Yeah, not ready to share this one yet.

Slowly, I drifted into a peaceful sleep.

4 Comments:

  • Area #3... if you're not ready to share, THEN WHY BRING IT UP????

    By Blogger Pavlov Stowardi, At 5:19 PM  

  • Right before falling asleep is the best time to ponder and reevaluate.

    By Blogger Jeje, At 6:31 PM  

  • I find that when I go to bed around 10:30 and start pondering I don't actually get to sleep till around 12:00

    By Blogger Jimmy, At 10:58 AM  

  • JRA-

    I love your soul! Just thought I'd tell ya'!

    By Blogger C.J., At 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones