Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

To wash or not to wash….well is someone watching?

A co-worker and I have been noticing a disgusting habit which occurs in the ladies restroom (we can’t conclude anything for the men’s restroom since we don’t frequent it, but I am sure that the same issues are happening). I was discussing this issue with a few other women that happen to be school teachers and they stated that the same thing happens in their restrooms. Now please realize that the women that they work with are well educated individuals. The people that work in my office building are white collar professionals. In my estimation, all of whom should be aware of the importance of washing your hands after using the restroom.

The Hand Washer:

These women always wash their hands. They are the ones that are washing their hands when you enter and no one else is in the restroom and they actually use soap. Bless the hand washer.

Know they are supposed to be Hand Washers:

These are the women that only wash their hands when someone else is in using the restroom. They will use soap and do the normal hand wash because in reality they now that they should always be washing their hands.

Ah crap, I HAVE to wash my Hands:

I have to laugh at these women because they turn the water on, put their finger tips in the water for not even a full second and off the water goes. I almost want to ask them what the point was for the display, it isn’t like they are fooling us to think that they actually washed their hands. Um, gross!

I don’t care what anyone else thinks:

There is almost a respect for these women because they don’t wash (or pretend to wash) their hands even if someone is in the restroom with them. They just don’t wash….deal with it. However the thought always runs through my mind concerning the hands they are going to shake later and the food they are going to put into their mouth using those same hands.

My all time favorite happened last week and I actually laughed right out loud when I watched the most incredible occurrence take place.

Those door handles are disgusting:

No joke. A woman finished using the restroom and I was at the sink washing my hands. She stepped out of the stall, didn’t even bother coming to the sink, but she pulled out some paper towels and used them to open the bathroom door because it was below her to use a public restroom door handle. Lady, you non-washers are the reason the rest of us use our wet paper towels (see we have washed our hands) to open the restroom door. Well at least you have half of the process down. Too bad it would be better if it were the other half.

Honestly women, if one of the reasons that you aren’t washing your hands is because you don’t want to dry your skin….I am more than willing to share the lotion that I keep in my desk, for the health of all.

6 Comments:

  • That is so disturbing. I thought people learned to wash their hands as toddlers.

    By Blogger Jeje, At 11:40 AM  

  • Same in the men's room in the plant. My workplace has many less-educated individuals. But we have a washroom for the office.

    It seats one.

    No way of knowing what goes on so... the paper towel trick it is.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 12:58 PM  

  • Community lotion? For the health of ALL? That's disgusting. I'd rather use urine...

    But seriously folks.

    Whenever someone at Numero Uno doesn't wash their hands and I'm in the bathroom somewhere, I have the almost uncontrollable urge to scream out, "NEXT TIME WASH YOUR HANDS!!" while they're walking out the door...

    By Blogger Pavlov Stowardi, At 1:22 PM  

  • my personal favorite (happens usually in the mens water closet) is the guy who randomly flushes all of the urinals next to or around the one he is about to use. my question to mr flushy pants is this: does this compulsive deed actually make it easier to urinate? if so, how? please explain...

    By Blogger will, At 3:38 PM  

  • There are many women at my work who never wash their hands, and quite frankly that is why i keep a bottle of antibacterial hand gel at my space.

    By Blogger Domestic Goddess, At 4:46 PM  

  • Makes me think twice before shaking hands with people.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones