Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Memories!

My parents are in town and staying at my house. Last night we were reminiscing about childhood memories and laughing until there were tears rolling down my cheeks. Here is just a very small sampling of things that occurred in my life which to this day makes me smile.

Nicknames:

Muckerbutt – something that my parents called me and my siblings, well because we liked to make such things as mud pies, mazes out of books for our hamsters to run through, forts of blankets and cushions from the couch, piles of pillows and dirty clothes for soft landings from flights off the bunk beds, ect....

Little Shit – this was what Grandma lovingly called each and every one of her 25 grandchildren and sometimes referred to our parents with that name also. It is a name that our parents called us on occasion also.

Pig pen – this was my personal nickname. What? It isn’t my fault that I liked to eat the bottom of the ice cream cone first. Needless to say chocolate ice cream melts quickly and a small child just can’t eat that fast. Brain freeze....hello!

Siblings:

High chair – one of my younger sisters swears that we tied her to her high chair and wouldn’t let her out while babysitting her. None of the rest of us remembers doing this, but have assured her that if it had happened we would fully lay claim to it because that is just too funny and a good idea.

Ketchup and mayo – this same sister for one complete year would eat nothing except ketchup and mayo sandwiches and would wear nothing except swimming suits. We think in her lack of nutritional intake the high chair story came to be.

Make up and dresses – my poor younger brother was subjected to having his nails painted, make up applied and put into dresses in order to play with his two wicked older sisters. We do have pictures to prove this happened thanks to mom. We did create a monster because now he is hyper manly.

WWF – no worries, my “poor” younger brother did grow up to be bigger than I. Believe me when I took my fair share of being tag teamed with involuntary wrestling matches. It usually was only two of my brothers against me, but they were both bigger than me and, well let’s just say that I didn’t win much.

Outings:

Eating out, shopping, ect. – Our only goal was to see how many random people we could get to laugh. Of course at our own dinner table it was to see who would get grossed out first.

Road trips – for some reason this always brings thoughts of rolling down windows very quickly because someone was turning the windows green, butt cheek races down the hallways of the dorms that we would stay in, mom and dad’s snoring and having to roll our baby sister in a blanket like a burrito so she didn’t beat the crap out of whomever had to sleep in the same bed as her.


This is such a small sampling. I was extremely blessed to come from a home where there may have always been a lack of money, but there was never a lack of love or entertainment!

6 Comments:

  • Thanks for reminding me that there was a time when family moments were fun. I needed that today!

    By Blogger Kate, At 12:14 PM  

  • NOW I understand... You freak.

    By Blogger Pavlov Stowardi, At 12:50 PM  

  • I love it so bad! My family constantly has me laughing so hard I can harly breathe!

    By Blogger Sarah, At 12:56 PM  

  • Little what? Did I really see the s-word on JRA's blog????

    By Blogger David Cho, At 2:06 PM  

  • Well that is what she called us. Can't mess with what Grandma says!

    By Blogger B, At 3:02 PM  

  • That's okay. In my younger days, my buddies and I greeted each other with the middle finger salute. I still crack up thinking about it.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones