Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Family and Friends

Recently my focus has been turned to two wonderful groups of people who affect my life more than they will ever realize. I don’t know if this has been due to the changes that I have made in my own life, my study of the Atonement in the scriptures these last few weeks, or sentiments are just running high.

My family means the world to me. I would stop at nothing to protect them. This is where I feel safe, loved and not judged. This year has been full of trauma in the family realm. January my younger brother’s home got washed away down the river in the flood in Southern Utah. February my mom ended up in the hospital and had to have open heart surgery. March my niece had to go in for eye surgery. April another niece had to go in to have plugs put in her eyes. May we had a break and nothing big occurred. June has already had a huge issue and my younger sister’s life has been shaken and turned.

These events have brought with them tears, stress, hurt and concern. I am amazed however at the majestic blessing which have been ever present. Our family has really pulled together and become closer. We have laughed harder (humor is used as a dealing tactic....everything is funny) and learned to lean more on one another. We have been watched over and protected. I have seen some come back to the gospel and start setting their lives in order. Prayers are being said. The most important miracle that has come however, is that everything has had a happy conclusion. I love my family and I am grateful to know that I will have them forever. I can’t imagine ever having to be without them. Dearest family, I love you!

My friends have taken on new meaning in my life as of late. The winds of change are blowing again. I feel them and they are gradually becoming stronger. There are things that I know are going to happen, some that I have a good guess and some that are just a feeling. Friends are always coming and going. Some have a greater impact than others, but all have touched my life in one way or another.

I love my friends and I don’t think that know just how much. That is my fault and I am sorry that I don’t let them know enough. I depend on my friends for hugs, talks, understanding, laughs, entertainment and sharing tears. I love that I have friends who will call me in the middle of the night because their hearts hurt or because something exciting happened. I love that they will call me just because and they really have nothing to say, they just wanted to hear my voice. I love that they stop by my house with ice cream or when they just need a hug or a smile. I love that they trust me with their deepest secrets in their hearts. I love that they will discuss the gospel in depth with me. I love that they seek my advice. I love that they think I only listen to Mo Tab. I love that they tease me and tickle me and swing on the swings with me. I love that they play with my hair. I love them for the people that they individually are and the work they are doing to become the person that they want to be. I love that they let me act like I am 6 with 24 years of experience. I could go on forever! I have so many people that have carved their own special place in my heart. I am extremely blessed.

I just want all to know (even my newest friends from the blogging world whom I have never met) that I appreciate all the positives that you bring into my life in a world full of just the opposite. I am a stronger, better person because of your examples and kind words. Please know that you are loved! Life wouldn’t be the same without each one of you in my life.

4 Comments:

  • "even my newest friends from the blogging world whom I have never met?"

    EVEN? How about ESPECIALLY? :)

    By Blogger David Cho, At 10:29 PM  

  • I can only speak for myself, but we are all just as grateful for you!

    By Blogger American Girl, At 8:38 AM  

  • It's always nice to have a "suprise" visit from someone new in the bloggerverse. Thanks for your input.
    Your post has reminded me just how much we take our families and friends for granted. We aren't promised tomorrow. Excuse me, I have to go and call my mom...

    By Blogger Unknown, At 9:30 AM  

  • Of course I meant especially!! :)

    By Blogger B, At 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones