Just Rannin' Around

Monday, June 27, 2005

“Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” - Psalms 30:5


Yesterday my emotions were close to the surface….too close to the surface. I am extremely soft and mushy on the inside, my put on rough exterior is only to protect me. Protect me from what? Being hurt. I won’t get into all the details as it would bore most of you to tears of your own, but we will just say that the wounds have been deep and very memorable. Having a rough exterior is a complete conflict with my natural want to love and trust. So it doesn’t take one long to break past the rough exterior if only a little time is taken. Anyway…..

I had a complete melt down in Relief Society. I shed tears when a sweet friend caught me after church in the gym and knew something wasn’t right and threw his arms around me. I left a pool of tears in my lap when a member of the Bishopric laid his hands on my head and gave me the most perfect priesthood blessing. How sweet are the tender mercies of a loving Heavenly Father!!

Sure everything isn’t all better, but the furnace is there to increase our strength and it has to burn in order to get rid of the imperfections. The blessings that were uncovered through my day were that I have an enormous circle of people that sincerely love and care about me. I felt the love of the Savior encircle me through the arms of my friends. I know that I am on the path that I am supposed to be following and one day someone will be grateful to have me in his life.

5 Comments:

  • I hope you are doing well.

    Hugs from Southern California and some sunshine :)

    By Blogger David Cho, At 11:16 AM  

  • I love you more than you know. Much more than you know. You're in my prayers.

    By Blogger Jeje, At 12:21 PM  

  • As my best friend you are always in my prayers and I want you to know I love you a million trillion, as always! Much love.

    By Blogger Sarah, At 8:55 AM  

  • You are absoulutely fabulous! I love you! Have a great day.

    By Blogger Domestic Goddess, At 4:14 PM  

  • Thank you...I love new friends!!

    By Blogger B, At 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones