Just Rannin' Around

Monday, June 13, 2005

Evil Devil!!

Have you ever felt like every time you turn around you get hit in the face with a 2 x 4? Where you think if you bury yourself deep enough in your covers on your bed and stay there that it will hide you and keep you safe? Then all of the sudden, wham, and you have to move quickly to grab a towel before blood gushes from your newly broken nose all over your white sheets. Then the realization that the bed is probably the worse place to hide because the covers mold to your body and anything can scope out the fact that you are there. Reality sets in and there is the fact staring you straight in the face.....there is no hiding, you have to deal with it head on.

Satan is a dirty little bugger. His blows are always at your weakest points and they come in succession. I don’t know why I have been the target as of late, but I have about had it. I think the most frustrating point is that he knows that he isn’t going to win. I know for what team I am playing. I know my position and I will continue to line up blow after blow because I know who wins in the end. I realize that he knows the ending also and is trying to get in and make it as painful as possible while the opportunity is present. Of course I think in my case he knows that he won’t win, but that he can weaken me. Like on Sunday I was discouraged enough that I really didn’t want to attend church. I honestly wanted to stay in my bed. I wanted to avoid everything. It didn’t work, although it took everything I had to roll out of bed, I was at all my meetings and walked away strengthened and grateful that I had attended.

Tape me up and put me in!

3 Comments:

  • Want to go get some ice cream? For some reason, that sometimes seems to fight off those kind of feelings for me. Plus, I'm always up for a little one on one time with my favorite friend who got her blog name from a church video.

    By Blogger Jeje, At 8:06 PM  

  • JRA, I know the feeling all too well. He knows exactly where to hit me, and yesterday alone I think he repeatedly bashed that spot. It was all I could do by the end of the night to hold my heart in place (as I'm sure you well know.) Today's another day though, and I'm not letting my wounds keep me down. Satan's not getting any satisfaction out of me. :P

    By Blogger Kate, At 7:31 AM  

  • In my own life, at times I inflict enough damage on myself. Who needs Satan when you do that?

    By Blogger David Cho, At 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones