Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Wait for it, wait for it....

Friday night I was sitting at a birthday party completely enjoying the program (nothing like Mo Tab live :)) when I took notice of the couple sitting directly in front of me. They looked to be in their late 60’s or early 70’s, but couldn’t have been more in love. The gentleman tenderly held her hand during the entire program sometimes reaching his other hand over and patting the top of her hand so that her hand was enveloped in both of his. Occasionally they would just look into each others eyes and smile, I could feel the warmth exchanged between them. On the way out he gently guided her by placing his hand on the small of her back. It was a reminder to me of things as they should be, but also made my hands feel extremely empty.

Saturday my hands were filled. The tiny hand of my 2-year-old nephew on one side and my 18-month-old niece in the other as we walked around the zoo making every animal noise known to them, replenished my soul. At that moment I couldn’t have designed a happier place for me to experience such unfeigned love. Arms were raised to me when they became tired of walking. My two younger brothers and their wives just walked beside us trying to help whenever one of them would allow their mom or dad to do so. When it was time to go I received lots of little hugs and kisses including a doggy kiss (my nephew’s newest thing is to lick our cheek like the doggy does). My heart was overflowing.

In the life before this, I have been told, that I learned how to love by being at the feet of our Heavenly Father and Mother. It scares me sometimes how much I love and so I can only imagine the effects on others. Although I have learned to sprinkle it lightly in as many different places as I can find, sorry sometimes I just forget.

3 Comments:

  • nothing sweeter than two prunes in love... :)

    By Blogger will, At 1:26 PM  

  • I noticed that same couple ... people like that fill my heart with such joy. Also as I watched parts of the tribute I loved watching President Hinckley with Sister Hinckley. That is a true love story.

    And loving opens our heart to being hurt, but has such great rewards when it is returned.

    By Blogger American Girl, At 4:00 PM  

  • Hmmm.. doggy kiss. Even my dog doesn't do that. He just doesn't lick people.

    Yes, it is very cute to see old people being in love.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones