Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Intimidating:  to make timid or fearful; frighten; to compel or deter by or as if by threats; implies inducing fear or a sense of inferiority to another

 

Amazing:  to fill with wonder; astound; bewilder; perplex

 

 

These two words have been placed in the same category as swear words in my world.  The first time that I had someone tell me that I was intimidating was in junior high and the list has only grown exponentially since.   Amazing has been an added descriptive word that has come about the last six years or so.

 

My entire life I have been told to be the best me.  I have been encouraged by my family, my teachers, society and my religion.   Maybe I took this advice too much to heart because a lot of the time it seems to blow up in my face.  Maybe I shouldn't want things to be exactly right when I am going to sign my name to it either literally or figuratively.   Maybe I shouldn't continue to plow forward and just hold still.  I don't think this is an option for me.  I am happiest when I am growing, progressing, traveling, accomplishing, learning, sharing, creating……

 

I've worked my entire life to be who I am.  I like who I am.  I guess I just wonder why the qualities that I am trying to obtain that should be attracting are actually repelling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones