Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Isaiah is my boyfriend.

The last five weeks we have been studying Isaiah in Sunday School. I spend a chunk of time each day enwrapped in his writings. Basically I spend more time with him than I do with anyone right at the moment. I typically don't put so much into preparing for my lessons, but have found that I become so engrossed that I lose track of time.

Since all that know me, already have come to the realization that I am a bit off my rocker……

I have always picked out the qualities of the women in the scriptures realizing that if I wanted to become a better woman I needed only to incorporate the example of the greatest women that have lived in my own life. In my reading of the scriptures recently, I have begun to pick out qualities that I admire in the men. I have discovered that almost all of them have several things in common.

1. Belief in God and His love

2. Willingness to do all that God requires

3. Respect of women, especially their wife (willing to do whatever it takes to "deserve" her love and acceptance)

4. Thirsting for knowledge

5. Humility and obedience

6. Determination and boldness

7. Service

8. Patience

Not that these are all of them, but these are the ones that have really stood out to me. So although my mom keeps reminding me that Isaiah is not part of the mortal world currently, I think that I will stick with him being my boyfriend……

At least for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones