Just Rannin' Around

Friday, October 13, 2006

Just like the cheese inside a burrito….

 

I am having one of those weeks where no matter what goes wrong, I can't be brought down from being happy.  I caught myself humming today while at work and then laughed at myself because my heart is just smiling.  Looking back at the week I contribute it to all the hugs.  

 

I don't fully understand why hugs make me feel so incredible on the inside, but I will never deny that they do have that affect on me.   There are several different types of hugs and there is meaning behind all of them.

 

Side arm:  This is where you either just have your arms around each others backs and there is a slight pulling in toward each other or where you also have your other arms around the front but you stay side by side.   These are usually hugs of encouragement or appreciation.  They aren't as personal, but are still sweet.  I get a lot of these on Sunday at church and on Wednesday while at the temple. 

 

One arm up, one arm down:  These are typically the friendship hugs.  Actually this is the way that I hug my girlfriends and guys to whom I am not comfortable getting too close.  It usually comes with a pat on the back.  This is also how I hug everyone in my family with the exception of my dad and mom.

 

My arms around their waist, their arms around my shoulders:  To me this is a comforting hug.   This is how I hug my mom and dad.  I feel safe, protected and as if all the stress in the world couldn't get to me while I was there.  It is the kind of hug that I want when I am not feeling well either physically or emotionally because it allows me to really cuddle in and not worry about the world around me.

 

My arms around their shoulders and their arms around my waist:  This is the hug of all hugs.   Only guys with whom I am close with receive these hugs.  There has to be either a great friendship or I have to be dating them.  I was on the receiving end of a few of these hugs on Tuesday night this week from one of my dearest friends who really knows how to hug.   These hugs make me happy and know that someone truly cares.  I love it when both are so comfortable that the hug can last for as long as you want or need and nobody gets uncomfortable.  

 

Hugs are great little gifts that we can give to make the world a little better one person at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones