Just Rannin' Around

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I can’t stop this feeling, deep inside of me.....

Back from the excursions in Mexico. Listen I am sorry that it took me a week to post, but some things just can’t be helped. I have been working 10 – 12 hours a day at work trying to catch up, which really makes me wonder if leaving is worth it. Then I remember that is a stupid thought and that a vacation is always worth taking especially when it is with a group of friends whom I love dearly.

I watched and learned a lot during the week of relaxing on either one of the decks of the cruise ship or on one of the many beaches in Mexico. It was a very reflective week for me. I gained some new insight and understanding about myself which I hope will be helpful in my life and with dealing with others. For example, I have learned that I really would rather just spend some good one on one time discussing things that truly matter than hanging out with a huge group. I am an extremely social person, but when it comes right down to it, I crave that individual interaction. I want past the surface and almost all without exception will only share on an individual basis.

One of the other things that I noticed is that for the most part people assume that if I am with a guy that we are dating or married. The assumption is never that we could just be friends. More than once I was asked about my boyfriend or husband. Since it was almost always brought up by another guy that didn’t know me, I wonder if it was a question to field out the situation, but that thought was quickly dismissed as that kind of thing just doesn’t happen to me. I would then take a quick inventory.....wasn’t holding their hand, wasn’t kissing them, wasn’t even really sitting that close. Okay sure, we were together and we were talking, but I didn’t realize that indicated that I was dating or married to them. Last time I checked that was fairly good indications of friendship. Not only that, why did they always direct it to me and not the guy? Since I really didn’t care to explain, I would just kind of go around it and change the subject. Neither of the guys that this happened with I think even knew it had happened or I am sure that it would have been quickly clarified. In retrospect I think that because I am not being treated as I would hope to in a dating/marriage relationship, that others should pick up on that also, but I guess it is all in a difference of perspective.

Overall it was a great week. I would have liked to spend some additional time with a few people that I didn’t get an opportunity to, but it was an excellent getaway. Thank you all for coming and being such wonderful friends. A girl can’t ask for much more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones