Just Rannin' Around

Friday, March 21, 2008

Cleaning out the closet

It is once again that time of year for me that I start looking around and reorganizing. Spring cleaning has always had a deeper meaning to me.

Just looking at this year, I have already done and been through quite a bit. To name a few of the highlights: enjoying New Year’s Eve more so than I think that I ever have, witnessing several sweet friends sealed in temple ceremonies, seeing Riverdance and The 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee, organizing and enjoying the 5th annual outing at Moab with spectacular friends, spending the weekend tending my nieces and nephew, speaking and/or teaching every Sunday this year with the exception of only two weeks, teaching classes on Personal Finance and being asked to teach additional ones, gaining a greater understanding of the gospel, not missing a week at the temple, loving my calling, and I could go on and on . . .

Things that I have planned on the horizon: speaking in Sacrament meeting Easter Sunday on the Atonement, spending the weekend in St. George with my family, having more meetings to attend than one should ever have to attend, General Conference, having a friend in town for General Conference weekend who I miss dearly, more teaching/speaking that is already scheduled, running the three 5Ks which I am already registered for and still finding additional ones in which to run, tickets to Annie Get Your Gun and (don’t be jealous) I have tickets to Jack Johnson, my 15-year high school class reunion, witnessing more sweet friends sealed in temple ceremonies, doing temple work in as many different temples as possible (at least a trip out of Utah once a month), continuing to expand my testimony and sharing it with others, more family and more friends and more fun. . . and this is just what I have planned!

There is also some other closet cleaning that is occurring at my home. After too many years of hanging onto old things, I am going to finally sell my magical princess wedding dress. It is the “happily-ever after, dreams come true” wedding dress. I will have to post pictures when I take them. I have finally come to terms with the fact that it was for a different time in my life and when I am truly in need of such a dress, I will again find the right one. As a side note to that. . . all brides maids dresses are being given away. No need to keep those around.

I pack my life full of good things. I keep myself happy because that is what I want to be. I stay positive because there are so many grand adventures to be had. Sure there are hard times that make me sad and tears spill freely down my cheeks, but those are needed moments also. The thing that I am being taught right now is to make sure that the best things are always taken care of first and then fill in with the better and the good as it fits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones