Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I always have been a slow runner…

I have just been tagged by Jamie. For this specific tag I am to divulge 6 somewhat interesting facts about myself that I have thus far been able to keep from the general population, and somewhat from the majority of my friends and family. Then I am to get 6 others to confess theirs. Get your running shoes on…

1) I have a touch of O.C.D. (this is not the hidden fact as most people figure this out fairly quickly about me). The telling signs of it appear in my closet. All of my warm weather shirts are hanging together, next to those are my cold weather shirts, then all of my slacks and then skirts and finally my dresses. Ah, but it get even more exciting than that. How embarrassing I am even sharing this! In each “category” they are all color coordinated. So, all the white warm weather shirts are together, followed by the gray and then black and then pink, red and purple and then yellow and then green and blue, ect. All of the others follow suit. Someone really needs to lock me up. If you ever want a good laugh, come and take a look at my over-stuffed, over-organized closet.

2) I have a slight fear of flying. Now I know that this little fact will be a huge surprise to everyone as I have never shared it with anyone. However, my love of travel will always override my fear. It typically presents itself during takeoff. My stomach gets a bit tight and I think about what would happen if that huge hunk of metal was to have something go wrong when we are thousands of miles up in the air. It only takes me a minute or so to calmly talk myself through these thoughts and I am fine for the rest of the flight….unless there is horrible turbulence. I am always grateful when we land.

3) One day I want to live somewhere other than the State of Utah. Don’t get me wrong, I love Utah and I can’t imagine not being from here and I adore being close to my family, but I have always wanted to experience living elsewhere. Actually I would enjoy living outside of the country for a while.

4) Some will know this one, but I still find it funny. When my parents brought me home from the hospital my older sister (who was 2-years old at the time) decided that she wasn’t so sure about that ugly thing on my stomach. So while asking my mom what it was, ripped the piece of umbilical cord out of my stomach causing my mom a moment of panic as blood ran all over the place. She didn’t stop there. When she was 4-years old and I was 2-years old we were having a tea party. We ran out of water and she thought that she was going to be in trouble because I started crying. So she crawled up on the sink (past the water) and reached over some boards and found the turpentine. She then came back down (again past the water) and poured me a glass. Needless to say I spent that night in the hospital. No worries though, she finally decided that she liked me around and attempts to get rid of me stopped after that.

5) I want to write a book. It will happen.

6) Sometimes I still have a pressing desire to build a fort using the pillows from the couch and blankets and stay in there all day long reading with a flashlight. Don't be surprised if you show up at my house and find such fort in the middle of the room. A girl just has to be 6 every once in a while.

Sorry....you didn't run fast enough. I am tagging: Hollyoak, Diva, American Girl, Stoic, MacMad House and the whole Bain Blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones