Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It’s the recipes you create yourself that are the best

I was sitting in my office yesterday pumping out more work than any one person should in one day, when suddenly I was transported back to the 1980s. Honestly, I started laughing so hard that a few of the girls in the offices next to mine poked their heads in to see what was happening. All I could do was point breathlessly to the car waiting for the light to turn green. The only difference that I could really pick out was that it wasn’t a Dodge Charger. Other than that, well it was spot on and I had a sudden urge to hear Dixie play with the touch of the horn.

Some may have no idea what I am talking about, others know exactly and their heart just skipped a beat with thoughts of Bo, Luke and Daisy. The General Lee was sitting right outside my office window, complete with the Confederate Battle flag on top. It made me want to go put on my Daisy Duke short shorts (yes I did use to wear them, they would just look a bit silly now with 12 inches of white hanging below the shorts) and pose on the top of the car. I must admit that The Dukes of Hazzard was one of my all time favorite shows. I was going to marry Luke Duke with those dark locks of sassy hair to run my fingers through and my older sister was going to marry Bo Duke (no really, we discussed it in full detail). Ah, those were the days!

So I am sending out a huge Thank You to whomever it is that took the time to transport me back to some fabulous memories of my childhood because they love The Dukes of Hazzard as much as I!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones