Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

If you go biking with me, you had better be up for a lot of laughing and a grand adventure!

Due to winter still lingering around and busy schedules, I still hadn’t had the opportunity to take my new bike out for a test spin. Tonight I finally christened the bike . . . quite literally.

Remember my post about a friend and I that went biking on a trail out by the airport and got caught in a storm last year? If not, well you will have to dig through my archives to find it because frankly I am too lazy to do it right now.

Anyway . . . .

We again decided to take this trail. It is a great trail for road biking, well unless you are me. The weather was a bit sketchy but both of us felt like it would be fine. We were riding along chatting about nothing in particular when I realized that my back tire had gone flat. Now this was probably only about 5 or 6 miles into our ride and we were hoping to get in at least 20 miles.

So we stopped and pulled the tire off which is where the real fun began. We had all the right tools, just not the strength to get the stupid thing off the rim. After much laughter we were finally able to get it off and pull the flat, lifeless tube out. We had already waved on one biker determined to do it ourselves, but at this point when another male biker asked if we needed help, we gladly accepted.

He kindly put everything back together (more quickly than I could have ever done it) the whole time explaining exactly how to do it. By the time he got everything back in place and ready to push off again the skies started showing us a little flashes of light. They turned back and we pushed forward feeling like it wouldn’t be too bad and thinking that the storm was far enough away that we would be okay.

Well needless to say that luckily it was warmer out this time verses last time because once again the skies opened up and showed us who was boss. The other issue was that I was on a new bike that I hadn’t taken the time to really get to know. I was playing with shifting it and realized only when I had it in the lowest gear that I didn’t know how to get it shift back up. We stopped and attempted to figure out but to no avail. So I got in a great cardio workout on the way back along with a nice shower.

We may not have gotten in the miles, but laughing is great exercise right?!

Thanks Emily for coming with me. I promise that one of these days we will actually do the entire trail AND stay dry doing it.

1 Comments:

  • I am determined to do that ride with you. Finish it. And stay dry. If it is the last thing I do. Despite it all I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the ride.

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones