Just Rannin' Around

Sunday, August 15, 2010

“You are the embodiment of the information you choose to accept and act upon. To change your circumstance you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions.”

I spent the better part of Thursday afternoon at the Mount Timpanogos Temple with a friend. I always feel so honored when someone invites me to be a part of something that is so incredibly spiritually personal as receiving their own endowment. As I watched her throughout the session and then in the Celestial Room surrounded by their families, my heart was bursting with joy for her.

There are no words adequate to express the beauty that radiates from the eyes of each individual as they make sacred covenants with our Heavenly Father. The mistakes made in the past are left at the doors. Life becomes tranquil and peaceful. The full impact of the sealing power awakens the soul. The miracle of the Atonement tightly wraps its healing arms around each wounded, worn individual and lifts heavenwards. The Spirit openly blesses and reassures that the promises that have been made will be fulfilled.

Since I received my own endowment in 2001, I have also been privileged to have been invited to witness upwards of 19 marriage sealings. As I attended the Salt Lake Temple Saturday morning I again felt so much joy wash through me for this sweet friend. One of my favorite things is to watch the bride and groom exchange gazes. This is where the love is heartfelt and honest. The groom couldn’t take his eyes off of the bride and there was so much tenderness that it brought me to tears. The strength of kneeling at the alter of God and promising one's self to another cannot be replicated in any other way.

Thank you for inviting and allowing me to be a part of some of the most sacred and important moments in your life. They will be added to the treasure chest in my heart that hold other such memories that have filled my life. Together it all reminds me of just what I am waiting for and helps me hold on tight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones