Just Rannin' Around

Monday, July 19, 2010

“Red is the ultimate cure for sadness”

The push to make a perfect card has been building. It is that time of year. I can’t though . . . my red crayon is missing. Red is my favorite color. It would be impossible for me to make a card without my red crayon. My red crayon is not replaceable. Another color will just not do.

Red is the color of my life.

I am all things University of Utah . . . a true Ute fan through and through. However imagine going to the football games without the red inside the drum. It makes it a bit hollow. A critical piece is missing and I know it. Let’s be brutally honest . . . red is the only color that works. Blue is completely not an option. Actually I think that I am going to throw the blue one away just to make myself feel a tiny better.

When I am drawing pictures my red crayon is the only one that works to draw a nice big heart and a gigantic smile. Without my red crayon there is no heart and the smile, while there, just doesn’t look or feel right. Let’s face it, the heart isn’t truly a heart without the red. Lips are supposed to be touched with red crayon to make them lively and vibrant.

Many of my most spiritual, inspired insight and revelation has been underlined, highlighted or completely colored in with my red crayon. Some passages in my scriptures actually look as if they are bleeding. Entries in my journal are as crimson as a rose. Thoughts in the temple are like the brightest bursts of red in the most magnificent sunsets.

For me, love can only be drawn with my red crayon.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones