Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I have a question that really needs to be answered . . . .

In most situations I understand proper tipping etiquette and I typically am a very generous tipper. I get great service, well I feel like it should not go unnoticed. Pretty much the waiter has to spit in my food in order not to get a 20% tip. When someone really impresses me or let's face it, is extremely good looking I tend to tip above the normal percentage. I have heard that in Utah people are pretty skimpy tippers and no matter how big the bill is, it isn't unheard of for them to only leave a tip of 10% or worse, as little as two or three dollars. I don't want to be that person.

So here is the situation:

When you call in food for take out and go to pick food up at a restaurant and they bring the food out to your car for you (car side service), what, if anything, are you supposed to tip these people?

2 Comments:

  • A very god question that I do not know the answer to. I would like to know myself.

    By Blogger C.J., At 10:28 PM  

  • I have so often wondered that myself, so I just looked it up, here is what I found:

    http://womeninbusiness.about.com/od/tippingetiquette/a/tip-guidelines.htm

    It seems that it is not necessary but may aid in getting better service.

    By Blogger Sandi, At 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones