Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I should've worn my swimsuit and brought a popsicle for lunch.

I really don't like to be dressed. Really if I had my way I would be naked all the time. It's been that way since I was little. For much of my life, I will admit that I was not the most modest dresser. Short shorts and a tank top is what you would usually find me sporting. I eventually made up my mind and started fazing those out and only purchased clothes that would cover garments. It was not easy for me to get used to having to be in so much material.

The situation at work yesterday and today are not helping me want to stay clothed. The air conditioner in our building has been broken and it is stinking hot and miserable. Now my office is typically a bit hotter than the rest of the office for some unknown reason that building maintenance has never been able to figure out (I had a co-worker that used to tell me that my office was the "gateway to hell" and I always joked back that that would make me the "gatekeeper"). However I am starting to believe that it is hotter in this building than it is outside . . . we are all sticking to our leather chairs (I know, over share).

I made lasagna for dinner on Monday night along with brownies smothered in vanilla ice cream. I have been bringing leftovers to work for lunch. A hot lunch just doesn't sound appealing in this heat wave. I should have brought the brownies and ice cream instead of the lasagna.

2 Comments:

  • If you need a new place to send that lasagna.....

    Broken AC for more than a day is considered grounds to take the day off.

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 1:28 PM  

  • Garments are definitely a curse when it is 110 outside. Being hot makes me cranky. I hope your air got fixed. I would be calling in sick.

    By Blogger Gatlin Gang, At 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones