Just Rannin' Around

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Surprisingly

I am not a naturally athletic individual.  I know it.  I admit it.  However I do not bow to it.  I refuse to give into it.  It does mean that I have to fight for everything that I want to do in that sphere of my life. 

The road bike came out bright and early this morning.  I think that I shocked myself.  Although it did take me an hour and a half, I managed to complete a 22 mile ride.  The wind was whipping this morning and brought with it some difficulty.  I do gratefully bring news of no rain!  It was a first on this ride without rain, thunder and lighting.  I was excited about that. 

After my troubles on the last ride I took I was a bit anxious about this one since it was more than twice as long.  All I will say is that after this ride I am ready to extend to a longer ride to ready myself for the upcoming event.  I do want to get faster and think that it is more than possible.  So if anyone is up for a ride and is willing to be patient while I build up but also helping to push me a bit . . .   

5 Comments:

  • I am so jealous. I want a road bike in the worst way. 22 miles huh...very impressive.

    By Blogger Melissa, At 6:48 AM  

  • Actually Maryann suggested we go tomorrow evening. She's picking the route...you in?

    By Blogger Russ and Em, At 1:58 PM  

  • Nice! I rode 20 miles in 1 hour and 16 minutes two nights ago, but it was on my stationary bike at a resistance level of only 3, so I'll give props where props are deserved since I'm willing to bet that your ride was much more intense than mine! :)Good job!

    By Blogger Sandi, At 2:16 PM  

  • Good job!

    I will be riding 50 miles and climb about 6000 feet on my mountain bike on dirt trails for Project Rwanda on April 30th! Root for me to finish it.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 9:48 PM  

  • Good luck David! I will remember to cheer for you on the 30th!!

    By Blogger B, At 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones