Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

“For every action there is an equal or opposite reaction!”
-Isaac Newton

Life is difficult. There are definite reasons behind the struggle of which I am fully aware. I think, however, that way too often I choose to focus on what I seemingly see as the trials rather than watching for the never ending blessings. These last few days I decided to pay particular attention to the things which inevitably caused the corners of my mouth to turn upward.

I have the dearest friend who happens to live in Texas and so I don’t take the opportunity as much as I would like to spend time talking to her. I am embarrassed to say that it has been close to eight months since the last time we had a conversation. However, it doesn’t ever matter how long in between calls it has been, one listening in would think that we spent hours on the phone each day because of the way that we pick our friendship up exactly where we left it. We laughed, we cried and we lifted each others spirits. What a blessing!!

How come an egg fight, and I am talking raw eggs, is so entertaining? All I can say is that it was much needed and when it was followed by a water balloon fight, I thought that life didn’t get much better....but how it did! Most people don’t ever find the playful side of me which makes me a bit sad, however I was out in full force when I decided that the treat after needed some additional flare so I started a watermelon seed spitting contest. Oh did I mention that the seeds weren’t being spit on the grass or sidewalk....oh no, right onto each other. Needless to say with egg and watermelon all over me a shower was taken before bedtime that night.

Then last night after spending some super fun time with Shells making paper chains, I walked outside to be greeted by the most amazing lightening storm. Wow!! I couldn’t stop watching it and I am still not quite sure how I made it home safely when I wasn’t even paying attention to the road. I was mesmerized. It was my own little art museum in the sky.

Little kindnesses really have stood out. When I started looking, I was overwhelmed with small things here and there like email, phone and text messaging conversations that brighten the long work day. My phone ringing and voices I love to hear on the other end, sometimes more than once because they forgot to tell me something. Baby voices calling to tell me that I am the favorite aunt, they love me and when am I going to come and visit next. My insane, but hilarious family calling just to talk. Random visits and unexpected kindnesses. It all makes things really come into perspective.

2 Comments:

  • I wish I could write so well about all those blessings. Egg fight? Spitting water melon seeds on each other? My car get pelted with eggs once, and it wasn't every entertaining though.

    Thanks for making me smile.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 8:12 PM  

  • You are right. It is nice to have the phone ring instead of making someone elses ring all the time. Perspective is a good thing. I love life's little spontaneous joys.

    By Blogger Sarah, At 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones