Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, August 18, 2005

“I would rather fight any day with you than make love to any other woman.”
-Nick, The Wedding Date

Yesterday was a busy day. After work I spent some much needed time in my favorite hiding place and I was once again wrapped in the arms of a loving, forgiving Father in Heaven. The comfort and peace which enveloped my entire being made it possible to walk out with a renewed determination to endure the vile of evils that Satan feels the need to spew all over in my life.

Of course I then headed to the gym to spend some time running. For me running always brings out my more logical side and helps me to see things from a different perspective. I was also thinking that maybe I would sweat out this horrible cold that has been infesting my body since Saturday. After 3.5 miles and a gallon of sweat, I decided that it was finally time to go home.

After throwing a batch of clothes in the washer, I settled down to a glass of orange juice and a movie, snuggled into my favorite spot on the couch. I have determined that I want to be in love in a movie. I want someone to love me even when I am in a nasty, ugly mood and when I don’t do and say everything just perfectly. I want someone who adores me and will hold me for as long as he wants no matter whom else might be around. I want someone that wants to protect me from being hurt. I want someone who would rather fight with me any day than make love to any other woman. Aren’t dreams the best!!

After I had settled in my bed for the night I received a phone call. It was a dear friend that is engaged to be married very soon. He called to invite me to attend his sealing. I have had the opportunity to attend the sealing of five other couples since receiving my endowments a little less than four years ago. I am always touched and overwhelmed with the blessings and promises that are given as the couple kneels across the alter from each other. It was at that moment as I was pondering those memories that a vivid recall of the light and love coming from their eyes as they looked upon the person whom they would spend the eternities with was brought alive. I was blessed at that very moment with the realization that it isn’t just a dream. Real life is full of eternal love. What a happy night!

1 Comments:

  • This life is full of eternal love. It is just not always easy to see. You will get what you want some day because you deserve it. The temple is so awesome that way. I hope to go to the open house for the new temple in Newport Beach. :)

    By Blogger Mi Mi, At 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones