Just Rannin' Around

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

What would you do?

So you order food over the phone at work for lunch. You go and pick it up and sit down in your office and after a few bites you discover that there is a dead fly on a piece of lettuce in your salad.

Would you call the restaurant ranting and raving about what a horrible thing had just happen and immediately return the salad for a new one along with a full refund for your trauma? or Would you look at it laugh thinking that a little bit of extra protein never hurt anyone, throw that piece along with the fly away and continue to enjoy your lunch?

Don’t be disgusted, but I am afraid that I would be guilty of the second option.

7 Comments:

  • You are a bigger person than most and that is what makes you so awesome. Think about it, how many salads or other foods have been contaminated by flies and such that we just don't know about? Probably more than we want to admit to, but we are all still alive and kicking!

    By Blogger American Girl, At 3:18 PM  

  • I would probably do the same. I mean you at least got rid of the piece with the fly on it.

    By Blogger Domestic Goddess, At 4:27 PM  

  • I would assume that this was a freak thing. Knowing how annoying it is when people are prone to rant and rave, I would go for the second option. Who has time to go crazy over a fly??

    By Blogger C.J., At 7:01 PM  

  • ohhhhh that made me laugh!!! You are a great person!

    By Blogger Some call me MiMi...but you can call me whatever you want., At 1:36 AM  

  • Funny you brought this up, JRA. I have a book called "Waiter, There's a Fly in My Soup."

    The book is full of jokes. Chapter one has what the waiter says in response.

    "Hey waiter, there's a fly in my soup"
    "Shhhh everyone will want one."

    "Hey waiter, there's a fly in my soup"
    "Okay, I'll bring you a fork"

    Some are grosser than others, but you get the idea.

    By Blogger David Cho, At 2:25 PM  

  • Eh, I've eaten worse.

    By Blogger Jimmy, At 11:03 AM  

  • Hmmm... I would have to say neither. I wouldn't call but i don't think I would eat it either. Maybe it would depend on how hungry I was. I think hair is worse though. Most of the time if I find hair that clearly isn't mine, I am done. Gross.

    By Blogger Mi Mi, At 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones