Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The world is a small place.

 

Working with a bunch of drama queens makes life interesting.  Our work Christmas party is tonight and the ratio of single verses married people are about even.   So of course the big question being asked is, "who are you bringing the party tonight?" followed with inquires to know the "status" of the relationship.   There is nothing unusual about the occurrence of this taking place and I am positive that most readers can relate to this line of questioning at one time or another in their own life.

 

The drama comes when someone realizes that not only I am really good friends with her date, but at one time we actually dated.   Now I have known for a while that she was seeing him occasionally, but have never said anything to her because I really felt like it was none of my business since she wasn't talking to me about it.   I found out because the women at work have their discussions in the middle of the halls and I would hear bits and pieces when I would walk by to get my work done.  My guess is that the boy filled her in on the details of our once upon a long time ago relationship which is where our current friendship began.  

 

Now the discussions are spoken in low whispers and all she keeps saying is that it is going to be "interesting."   The whole thing just makes me smile.  Honestly there is no drama with me concerning this issue however that is probably due to the fact that I happen to have the whole picture on our relationship.   I think the foreseen problem is that this girl and I are two totally different people.  We have always gotten along, as I do with everyone with whom I work.   I can't help but laugh at this situation and her thinking that it is going to be so traumatic.  I guess that isn't very nice of me to find humor in someone else's trauma though.  

 

I can already picture the scene tonight and know that the build up to it will be a complete let down for the drama they are unfolding.  He will walk in and he will come and lift me off the ground while giving me a huge hug.   I will then ask him how he is and how his family is doing.  In return he will ask me the same.  It will be total small talk for a few minutes and then he will give me another hug and then be off with his date.   No worries and no drama, just two friends.  He will call me later however to see how I am really doing and get all the real information about my life, but still no drama, just two friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones