Just Rannin' Around

Monday, March 20, 2006

Yesterday was the end of one path and the beginning of another.

 

I was positive that I wouldn't cry.  When I walked into the clerk's office and had my records transferred before heading up to class and came out without a tear in my eye, I thought that it was going to be even easier than I imagined.   As I began teaching I gained more and more confidence that I was fine.  This wasn't going to be that hard.  Sure it is where I had spent the last 9 years of my life, but change has to and always will happen.

 

Then I realized that it was wishful thinking as I was concluding the lesson that I was teaching, the tears not only came, but flowed down my cheeks.   After class ended I found myself surrounded by some of my dearest, sweetest friends who also had tears in their eyes.  My life has definitely been blessed with wonderful people, a lot of whom I have met in this place.   I figured that the tears were finished, of course I was wrong again.

 

I was perfectly fine during Sunday School.  Sacrament meeting was a different story.   A Bishopric member stood up to release me from my calling, which was fine until he got choked up and had to pause before continuing with why he was having a hard time releasing me.   The minute I saw tears spring to his eyes, it was end of story for any control that I had managed to gain over my own emotions.  It took me most of the meeting to pull myself back together.

 

Kleenex definitely brought in a profit yesterday!

 

Thank you all of my friends who fill my life and my heart!  There are more great memories than I can even begin to count.   Even though Venus says that I am dead to her now, I hope to have many more even though I won't be around as often. 

 

Change always brings new adventures.  I am interested to see what is out in front of me now.  I think that I am about to step into roles that will be challenging and rewarding.   Always something to which to look forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones