Just Rannin' Around

Monday, November 27, 2006

It’s raining, it’s snowing!

Tonight I am curled up on my couch, blinds open and all lights off with the exception of the glow of the Christmas tree bulbs. The snow is gently falling outside for the first time this holiday season and since I am comfortably warm and safe in my house, I am enjoying watching it peacefully fall to the earth.

One of the things that I truly love about this time of year is losing my thoughts in the lights of my Christmas tree. There is something so comforting about a Christmas tree. My guess is that it reminds me of being home. Home means safety and unconditional love. Home means security and guidance. Home means warmth and affection. Home means rest.

As I watch the snow tonight I have realized that no matter the weather, when I am home it is all beautiful. There are amazing thunder and lightening shows that carry with them incredible power and majesty. There are rain storms that beg to be listened to and then standing on the porch immediately drench every part of me. There are snow storms that carefully float each gigantic flake tenderly down to form a blanket so white and clean. There are windstorms so powerful that I imagine that I might just end up in Oz if I close my eyes long enough. There are day that the sun is so warm and bright that it can’t help but make my blue eyes blaze with excitement. At home every weather forecast is never scary or dismal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones