Just Rannin' Around

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sometimes it is nice just to have a busy weekend.

I went and saw an incredible movie on Friday. Men, this is one that you will probably only see if you have a girl that insists on you taking her. So it was an ultra chic flick, I loved it. What movie, you ask? The Holiday and it was spectacular! There were parts that hit a little too close to home, but overall I think it did a wonderful job of describing two types of issues that women find themselves caught up in when it comes to relationships. One of my favorite parts is when someone asked Kate Winslet why she was playing the best friend in her life when she was made to play the leading lady. This is definitely a movie I will not only own, but will watch it over and over and over again.

Saturday was a happy day. I think sometimes I am the happiest when I am the busiest. I was up and going at 5:00 in the morning. I had to go and pick up a new friend (I know most people that you consider a friend wouldn’t pick you up at an awful hour of 6:00 am on a Saturday morning, but it happens) and we headed to the temple. We were having a special chapel session at the Salt Lake Temple. The speakers were amazing and then we all went and attended the 8:00 endowment session. It is definitely a grand way to start out a day. I did come home and take a 20 minute nap which helps with the smile staying on the face.

I then got a gift put together and headed up to Bountiful to a bridal shower. I never expected to be told by the bride-to-be that she automatically blushed when she saw me show up because she knew what my gift to her would be. That always makes me smile. Although for some reason I think that if I ever get married, my bridal shower will not be for the weak. There was mention by one of the women yesterday that I have already attended her bridal shower that she was going to get me a giant sized Hershey’s syrup bottle with a pump at the top. It should be interesting. After laughing and talking for a bit too long, I was off and running again. I also got to talk to a couple of really great friends which always makes my day a little easier and a ton happier. I love that they would choose to call me and share how things are in their lives.

The night was topped off with dinner with some wonderful friends and then a night enjoying the musical likes of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It was a better show than I remembered. They have an amazing array of incredibly talented artists. To add to that the light show and their pyrotechnicians did a marvelous job. I think that I walked out deaf and blind, but luckily it only lasted for a little while and I was able to safely drive home. There we had some hot chocolate and banana bread to make the night one to remember. Of course if that didn’t make it a night to remember the 2:30 am fight in the street under my bedroom window between two screaming girls and a whole group of “friends” watching and yelling sure put it into the books.

Today I was able to spend most of the afternoon with my brother. I forget how much he can make me laugh. Probably because he hasn’t had a whole heck of a lot to laugh about the last six months, so it was good to see him starting to be able to laugh again. It is wonderful to know that no matter how much life takes away from us, that we know that there is a loving Heavenly Father standing beside us and carrying us when needed. I love that he has again found that security in his life and that it is enabling him to again find peace and happiness in this life.

Good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones