Just Rannin' Around

Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome to 2007!

I used to take making goals at the beginning of each New Year extremely serious. As I have become older, I have realized that it is actually more beneficial to make goals whenever the opportunity needs to be taken. There is no reason putting off bettering myself till the beginning of a year. Although I do understand that it is an easy time to start fresh and so I still find myself more motivated to do the things which I know that I need to anyway.

Take today for instance. I woke up a bit on the later side, at least for me, but felt an urge to get some projects started. I didn’t immediately get out of bed, instead I picked up a book that I have been meaning to read and got involved in that for a good amount of time. After, I made my bed for the day and rather than going to my favorite place (the shower), I pulled on my workout clothes and actually took a nice run (boy am I out of shape). Wondering downstairs I had a late breakfast with my roommate which was quite yummy, spent an hour on the phone with a dear friend and then finally made it into the shower. Since then I have studied an entire unit for my class I am taking and took the first exam (which I scored 100%, thank you very much) and got caught up on some additional material. Not to mention I still have a good portion of the day left to do the remaining items that I would like to accomplish. I feel pretty good about today.

The dreaded part of a New Year is that I start thinking about the things in my life which I have known for a while that I need to clean out of my life. Why is it so terribly hard to get rid of those things which don’t bring me personal growth, happiness or help me to accomplish that which I am ultimately trying to obtain? Why do I always want to clench my fist and justify those things which aren’t encouraging and motivating me to higher planes? This year I really feel a need to make a huge emotional D.I. pile and finally get rid of it. This time I just can’t keep it because it feels comfortable. I foresee a huge battle within myself coming. Especially since some of these things involve placing people into different categories in my life and possibly causing some hurt in the process. It is definitely easier for me if it just causes me grief and pain.

I am excited what this New Year might have to offer. I still have all of my usual goals, hopes and dreams attached to this year that I have to all the rest, in addition to the new goals, hopes and dreams that I plan to work toward this year. I pray that all of you find happiness that can’t be denied, unfeigned love that doesn’t go away, friendships of perfect trust and understanding, and everything righteous that your heart desires along with the courage to go out and get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones