Just Rannin' Around

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I looked up and realized that I have dug myself into my own grave. I know it was me because the shovel is still in my hands.

New Year’s was a blast! I don’t think that I have ever attended a more exciting football game in my life. Go Utes!! I played in a rainstorm like I was still six-years old again and walked into the hotel soaked to the bone, but couldn’t have been happier. Although New Orleans will never be somewhere that I ever have the desire to go again or would suggest that others go, I did enjoy getting away.

Since it is the New Year I figured that it is a good time to break down how the goals went for the last year and set some new ones for this year. I won’t share everything, but I will share a bit.

2008 Goals and how I did . . . .

-Read the Book of Mormon. I actually read it cover to cover four times.

-Attend the Temple once a week. I missed exactly four weeks due to some unforeseen circumstances, but I stayed and did extra work the weeks after I missed in order to make up for it a little. I also was able to do work in four more temples that I haven’t previously.

-Read at least one book a month. I ended up averaging a little over 5 books a month.

-Visit at least one new place I haven’t been before. In reality this probably shouldn’t be a goal, but let’s just say it ended up being more than one new place.

-Gain three new clients at work. This one I struggled with quite a bit and only ended up with two new clients. However I am still working on some good prospects and I should be able to double that within the next three or four months.

-Get asked out on at least one non-blind date. Failed miserably.

That is just a taste of what I was working on last year.

As for this year, well many things have changed but the ironic part is that nothing has changed. I already have a speaking assignment the third weekend in January for Sacrament Meeting in my ward. Ward Conferences are in February and so I will be teaching each week in different wards. My March is almost completely full. The first week I will be in California. The second weekend I will be in Texas at a wedding and spending time with some friends. The third weekend I will be in Moab and will turn 34 while there. I have tickets for plays, sporting events and flights. I have running to do. I will continue on the goals that I had for last year, which have been carried on from years past and adding new goals where I need the greatest growth and improvement. I make myself tired looking at my schedule most of the time and yet....

I feel empty and alone. What goals am I supposed to set to fix that?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones