Just Rannin' Around

Thursday, July 30, 2009

“Sometimes life seems like a dream, especially when I look down and see that I forgot to put on my pants.” –Jack Handy

Yesterday afternoon I just needed to get away from the stress and worry of the day so I headed to my favorite oasis. After sitting behind a locked door for a minute silently preparing myself, I stood up and started changing my clothes. I took off my shirt, shook my head and just started laughing and thought, “Well this is an issue.”

On normal days I typically match my bra to the color of the shirt that I am wearing. I was wearing a purple shirt yesterday and it was not a pastel color either . . . we are talking royal purple. I suppose that I was in automatic dressing mode that morning because I knew that I needed to wear white. Always white on Wednesdays! I contemplated my options and let’s just say that I was walking without a bounce in my step for the next couple of hours.

When I finally got home last night, I decided it was a good night to do some necessary upkeep. I hate hair anywhere except on top of my head, eye brows (the ones I don’t pluck that is) and eye lashes. I know, it is a bit extreme, but it is the truth. One of my biggest insecurities is all the hair on my body and thanks to my German heritage, well I have more than my fair share. My cousins and I “joke” that once a month we have to dip our faces in hot wax. I am grateful that most of my hair on my body is blond, but that doesn’t stop me from attempting to rid myself of it. So last night I pulled out the Nair to take care of my legs.

I folded a batch of laundry, took the old nail polish off my toenails and put away a project that I had been working on the last couple of days, all while avoiding touching anything with my legs that were smeared with Nair. Being flexible definitely comes in handy at these moments.

After getting out of the shower, I discovered that I had a bit of a rash on my leg slightly above my knees. I have never had a reaction to Nair before, so I must have left it on a little too long and I thought it would go away. By the time I painted my toenails I figured that it would have gone away, no such luck. It was just going to be one of those days that things didn’t go the way that I pictured.

Has your bed ever had its own gravitational pull? I did not want to get up. After hitting the snooze button half a dozen times, my rational mind kicked in reminding me that I had to go to work and I was 30 minutes later than normal. After showering and getting ready for the day with slippery, smooth legs and freshly painted toenails, I added to the building vigor of the day and put on one of my favorite outfits.

Knowing that I was late, I cruised downstairs to fix my normal breakfast of milk chocolate Carnation Instant. I dumped in the mix, added the milk, put on the lid and disaster ensued. I picked up the container to combine the mix and milk by forceful shaking and instead ended up with milk and mix all over the kitchen (counter, walls, floor, appliances) and of course all down the front of me (hair, face, clothes). I stood in complete shock of a split second and then burst out laughing. How could you not laugh? It was funny. I spent the next 20 minutes cleaning up the kitchen and me. Needless to say that I was a lot later to work than usual and next time the bed tells me to stay there, calling in sick will be happening.

“Any idiot can face a crisis. It’s day-to-day living that wears you out!” –Anton Chekhov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones