Just Rannin' Around

Friday, August 14, 2009

“There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” –Aldous Huxley

I have some goals that I am currently pursuing. I am not a proponent of diets. In my cranium there is the belief that with proper moderation in eating and exercise, weight can be controlled and maintained. My entire life I have watched people (mostly women) go on all kinds of crazy diets and knew that they wouldn’t work, or at least work for the long term. Now places like Weight Watchers, I agree with their system. Why? It teaches moderation in eating and exercise. It isn’t a diet, it is teaching proper nutrition.

With that said, I am in the process of trying to shed a few extra pounds. Now before anyone freaks out, I KNOW that I am not fat. I have just gone slightly above the 145 pounds at which I feel like I am my healthiest.

I have lost 5 pounds. That might not sound like much (that means I only have 10 more to go though), but I have noticed a significant difference in how my clothes are fitting. I have put on a few pairs of pants recently and realized that I might not be able to wear them for much longer. The sad thing is they are fairly new, but I don’t think that I, nor anyone else, would appreciate me walking into a closing and have them fall to my ankles. I wish I would have taken my measurements before beginning because I think that I have actually lost more inches than weight. The abs are starting to show themselves in much more definition.

Work has raised the stakes and given me some additional incentive to continue. Where I was doing some form of exercise three to four times a week, it is now up to six times a week. We have a contest going now that the person that keeps up working out at least six times a week for 30 minutes a day will take home a cash prize. I think it might be their way of tell us that we are all getting a bit chucky. We do sit in front of computers all day, every day.

With all of this happening, I thought that I would add a ticker to my blog to help motivate and track my progress from here on out. Since the contest started on Monday, I searched the internet for one that would do what I wanted it to. Well needless to say that the search ended quickly with a sore stomach from laughing and deciding that I could track it on my own.

I. CAN’T. BELIEVE. WHAT. YOU. CAN. TRACK.

The first site that I pulled up allowed for tracking ones ovulation/menstrual calendar. Honestly? That was enough for me. I don’t need the universe to know when my cycle begins and ends. If you are that interested, ask me and I will tell you, but I would never post it to the internet. Let’s get serious. Even if you don’t post it to a blog and you just have it sent to your email . . . it is still there. You are running that program through the internet. It is accessible to some weirdo cyber-stalker that knows how to obtain the most random of information. From one that has had a stalker, it is not fun and as far as I know he just followed me around and showed up at the most random of places I happened to be. Why let anyone access any more information about you than truly needed without your knowledge? Bad idea.

Anyway.

I most likely won’t post my progress. If you want to see come on over and I promise to hold my pants up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones