Just Rannin' Around

Sunday, August 29, 2010

“For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.” –Job 3:25

Pick an element of the weather that I have a hard time finding a positive attribute about and it would be wind. I have a bad memory with wind that happened when I was little that I have never quite managed to overcome. When it is raining I enjoy playing in it until it soaks me through. When it is snowing, I am up for a snowball fight, snow angel contest and sledding. When it is sunshine and warm biking, hiking, camping, rollerblading, and all things soaking in the sun I can be found. When it is windy, I deal with it . . . usually inside.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon up at the Bountiful Temple in a sealing room witnessing the eternally bonding ceremony for my cousin, his wife and their 7-month old daughter. I was blessed and honored to have the opportunity to be there with them. It was beautiful.

After the ceremony, I walked back outside to the hurricane forced winds that were blowing all day long. Normally I would have run to my car and hurried home to get out of it. Yesterday, the wind and I were friends. It was expressing what I was feeling inside. I found the temple grounds empty and so I sat down on the grass on the east side of the temple. I sat there for hours just allowing the winds to blow all around me and not bothering to even keep my hair out of my face.

I suppose when I found a fear bigger than the wind, it no longer phased me.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones